In order to achieve its objectives, ODA employs the following strategies:
- Mainstream gender and environment in ODA’s daily operations and all development programmes.
- Use community based participatory so all programme deliverables are sustainable.
- Create enabling environments to enable all Oromo people to participate in development issues nationally and internationally.
- Use local volunteers as community based change agents to deliver long lasting impact.
- Use a cost sharing approach within the communities so all members have an investment in the programme success.
- Fully support government plans through providing capacity building programmes at Aanaa level.
- Develop strategic partnerships to maximise scarce resources and deliver a large impact for the people of Oromia.
- Pro-active focus on continually building mutually beneficially relationships with stakeholders, partners and donors.
- Continual investment in ODA’s capacity so that we are an innovative organisation.
- Periodic external reviews to ensure that the strategic direction is always fit for purpose to enable management to exploit new opportunities.